Friday, 4 September 2015

Weird Dreams Anonymous | #IRISHBLOGCOLLAB



Following fierce intense discussions with Maeve from Thrift O'Clock through Snapchat over the last few weeks, this was an inevitable post to be written up. I am by no means responsible for the happenings of my brain in the little hours. And unfortunately, I cannot muster up any explanation as to why my dreams revolve around an intoxicating amount of weirdness. Having said all that, as I say, it's a bit of craic and you might get a laugh or two!

YOU SAY IT BEST, WHEN YOU SAY NOTHING AT ALL
(YOUTUBE IT, BUD)
I might as well start off with the one that raised the eyebrows across my social media - because it was as bizarre as the Leaving Cert curriculum (yes, honey, I went there). Unfortunately, I was caught up in a rather, ahem, compromising scenario.

Let's set the scene, I'm in a room, littered with beds, Norris, Emily and other various members of the Coronation Street are around the place. All bunker style, nothing too shady? Right next to me, is no one other than Ronan Keaton, formerly known as the errss and the arrrrs and the urrrs from Boyzone fadó fadó. I wish to outline, I am not, never have been, a fangirl of either Keaton or Boyzone. I never listened to them when I was younger, and I am still a good person.

Absolutely nothing shady or dodgy was going on. Truth be told, he was telling me all about his kids.

We subsequently, after all having dinner, headed out to Today FM's offices in Dublin - for what? Who knows. (I did work experience there earlier on in the year!) Instead of being greeted with the regular routine of getting in and sorted, the whole place was Easter themed. 

In the middle of summer.

Next thing I know, we are all wearing bunny costumes, hopping around the place.

I can't explain this any further, I know, I want answers too.

STOP THE LIGHTS
One minute, I find myself mulling around Dundrum shopping centre with my neighbour. Next thing, I'm the passenger of a coach driven by Carson from Downton Abbey on the way to Achill, with no headlights on.

Fearing for not alone my safety, but my entire life, I didn't think it was unreasonable to ask what he was playing at. I wasn't met with any favourable answer, and I can only say that I am glad I woke up shortly after!

FLIP IT 
Have you ever made food for your boss? Or been asked to produce a piece of artwork in an office-based setting? One such night, I was a PA for a radio presenter, the name of which I've sadly forgotten. My classmate was working in the desk across from me and he was summonsed to an office. Once arriving, he was asked to make pancakes for our boss. Shortly later, I was asked to come in and do the same.

I allegedly burst into a tsunami of tears after trying to explain that I can't draw a line to save my life when asked to turn into Picasso on the spot. 

When I woke up shortly after this, I woke up actually crying before I told myself to cop on!

I'll leave it there for today, be sure to read Maeve's post for all bundles of randomness. Please let me know what weird dreams you've been having for a chance to be a part of the exclusive #WeirdDreamsAnonymous - two members, and counting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment