Sunday, 16 August 2015

Blogging | It's Been A Year


On the 12th of July this year, my blog had its first – birthday? I am not one to get sentimental over time in relation to minor things in my life. Having said that, this blog isn’t a small thing to me – it’s a bit more than my “thing”. A year ago I started up this space and I had no idea if it would still be up and running six weeks later. But here we are, a year on – and I’ve no intention of giving up on my corner of the internet anytime soon.

I have grown up a lot within the year, both personally (not physically, unfortunately) and with my writing. This blog has covered a lot of ground, and I feel liberated that I am comfortable to discuss just about anything here. One of the said posts, was my reaction to the Marriage Referendum result here in Ireland.That is one of the most important things I have written. It is emancipating to be able to document these marks of history here. 

I haven’t done all of this on my own, as many bloggers would tell you. There are people who have supported me from the get-go. I think many people underestimate how it feels to put a certain amount of your life online – to share your thoughts and opinions on things you care about. If I didn’t have your support, I would be talking to an empty matter of wires and connections. I notice the individuals, the same names that keep popping up time and time again, so thank you – you’re a lovely bunch, altogether.

To the people who don’t “get” what I do, that’s okay. Blogging is a concept that some people find hard to wrap their head around. You still read it, you’re here – and you, my dear, are one of the motives that propel me to continue doing exactly what I’m doing.

It is no secret, that writing in general, is another dominant feature in my life. Not every post I write interests everyone, and I understand that, but writing, to me, is exhilarating and gives life a second chance. I’ve surprised myself with the pieces I’ve shared here based on topic and tone. I have even started sharing poems! I have big plans for my blog - and am currently writing my first short story to be featured on it. Hopefully, in this regard, things will continue to be built on and that you will be able to see my style mould and develop as time goes on.

What will happen within the next year isn’t certain or guaranteed, but I do truly hope you can stick around for another while and we’ll see what the cards present us with.

| BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM |
SNAPCHAT: catherinegal

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on 1 year of blogging. It's been fantastic to follow you and watch as you and your blog grow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle, the IBLBI group has been a great support over the past year xo

      Delete
  2. congratulations with blogging for one year!!
    Ellen x
    ellenelizabethxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blog-birthday! I've been perusing through your posts and you've done a great job! It definitely takes dedication to keep a blog running for a few months, let alone a whole year etc.
    P.S - I had to click on this just because we have the same last name lol! Buuut, I also love your little piece of the internet :)

    www.lindseyginge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Elyse! Oh wow, small world! Thanks so much, hopefully it can stick around for another year.

      Thanks so much for reading xo

      Delete
  4. Congrata on the first of many happy blogging years!
    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Catherine!
    I've been blogging on and off since Oct. 2003. I'm on version 3.0 of my blog now.
    Keep at it! You're right. Not everyone gets it. I takes a lot of bravery to speak freely to the universe with out any assurance that it will speak back to you. In that way, writers are actually a little insane. :)

    I just followed you on twitter so I can stay updated with your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is really a very great post.This article is helps for me lot. IT Support Limerick

    ReplyDelete