Sunday, 26 July 2015

TAG | Sisterhood of the World Bloggers



A couple of weeks ago, I was kindly tagged by the lovely Maeve over on Thrift O'Clock to participate in the Sisterhood of the World tag. Maeve is another Irish Blogger who I've had the pleasure of getting to know over the last few months and I'm only delighted she asked me!

THE RULES
- Thank the blogger who nominated you & share their link.
- Answer the 10 questions you've been given.
- Come up with 10 questions of your own.
- Nominate up to 10 bloggers & spread the love!

THE QUESTIONS
1 What song can you put on and instantly feel good?
"Uptown Funk" currently, hands down. I will shout out the lyrics, even caught in traffic on the motorway, zero shame.

2 Do you prefer sweet or savoury snacks?
I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I do lean on the sweeter things if I was asked to. There's no point asking me "Would you like cream and marshmallows with your hot chocolate?" You know what the answer will be...

3 If you could go back to any time in history, when & where would it be?
I don't think I'd like to go back at any time in history, if I'm to be quite honest about it. I could say the 60s for their carefree way of living, discos, and back to a time where dates were proper "I'll pick you up at 8" kind of thing. Any period of time, before now, was backwards with society in many ways. I wouldn't want to live in a time where certain people in our community would feel oppressed at being just who they are. Very deep, but very true.

4 What were some of your favourite TV shows when you were younger?
"Dora the Explorer" wasn't on the go in my time, it was Barney, Tweenies, Scooby Doo etc. As the years went on, I was beside myself when Rugrats made a newer version of the show! Drake and Josh, Spongebob - anything that was on really. It was always a big deal being in Dublin every so often, because I had access to Nickelodeon - endless back-to-back of my favourite programmes, that was sheer and utter bliss.

5 What's something you're proud of?
Last year, myself and two of my friends took part in the BT Young Scientist (a major national science exhibition for schools all across Ireland), and we did quite well in it! I think I'm proud of not being afraid of who I am anymore, to not feel the need to merge with everyone else.

6 Do you prefer to plan things or be spontaneous?
I like to plan, I'm a woman that needs a plan! Spontaneous occasions are nice when they happen, but I feel at odds with myself if I don't know what's going on.

7 What was the best thing about your day today?
I finished writing a non-fiction piece for a writing workshop I'm starting here locally tomorrow! I'm happy with it so far, I'll share it on my blog within the next couple of weeks so keep your eyes peeled.

8 If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Jeans, a loose, flow-y top, my black boots, my black Vera Moda jacket and my bright blue satchel handbag. 

9 What's your earliest memory?
The most distinct memory I have, I was probably two and a half years of age. Myself, my mother and my older brother went with a group to Lourdes (yes, yes, I know), but I was quite sick at the time. I remember pushing my buggy over a bridge, completely on my own. That trip was the first time I had a proper attempt at walking. Was it a miracle? Was it a coincidence? Who knows, but I've been walking since then!
 
10 How do you like your tea?
First of all, the secret is in the tea bag, Barry's Tea. (I'm not sponsored, but I might as well be at this stage) I like middle-of-the-road tea, not strong, not weak, just smack bang in the middle, one sugar and plenty milk. And I put the sugar in before the milk, always.

I NOMINATE
Lara from A La-Ra Mode
Jessica from Gingerly Pale
Amy from Amy & More
Sharon from Behind Green Eyes
Marie from The Beaut Mum

YOUR QUESTIONS
1 What is your favourite pass time, aside from blogging?
2 Who/what do you draw inspiration from?
3 What saying/quote do you live by?
4 Finish this sentence: "In 10 years time I hope..."
5 3 things you would change "in a perfect world"?
6 Do you find it easy/difficult when making decisions?
7 Something you feel is most misunderstood about you.
8 What were/was something you were afraid of when you were younger?
9 Do you have any quirky talent?
10 5 things that complete the perfect night in.

I really enjoyed doing this one, and thank you Maeve for the nomination. Feel free to answer some of the questions in the comments below.



3 comments:

  1. Aw yay! I love your answers for this, the Tweenies & Scooby Doo were my faves! And yesss, a fellow plan-aholic ^.^
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts it's a great way to get to know more about the person behind the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed reading this, some great answers to some really interesting questions! Hope you're having the best day lovely!!

    Nabeela x
    http://nabsticle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete