Monday, 6 July 2015

June Favourites


Stall the mini digger for a second, is June gone already? I'm a month down on my summer holidays and I feel like I have done nothing, as well as everything. I went to Dublin, and ended up having my first cup of coffee, it wasn't the most enjoyable beverage in the world but I can see why people drink it; the energy. I used up two One for All vouchers that have been staring at me since who knows when. I wrote like a mad woman since I got my school holidays and shared a poem on my blog for the first time.

The pick of the mix for my monthly favourites is as random as ever, enjoy!

BRITNEY SPEARS | FANTASY PERFUME

You can say what you like about her, or her music, but one thing she is getting right is her fragrances. I had ran out of my two favourite scents, and I can't seem to be able to find them anywhere. I spotted a 100ml bottle (parfum version) of this for 35 euro, which, I thought was good value for money. I have bought it in the past for friends as gifts and never owned it myself. I'm not crazy about the packaging, but it's what's inside the bottle that counts. It has a lovely cocoa-y, musky, but feminine scent. It's not overpowering and I am still able to smell it off my clothes at the end of the day. I've gotten a lot of compliments since wearing this, it's a daily staple.

BOOTS BOTANICS | HOT CLOTH CLEANSING BALM

I've started to take a more nourishing approach to my skin over the month of June. I found that using strong foam washes, even with salicylic acid, it wasn't doing the trick. I had heard great things about the Boots Botanics range. 

The balm is 97% organic with nourishing rosehip, shea butter and jojoba oil, leaves my skin feeling cleansed and properly looked after. It does leave a slight residue as it is a balm, but after I teamed it up with my moisturiser it wasn't a problem. It does come with its own muslin cloth, however I prefer the regular face cloths I have at home. It's great at removing make up, it simply melts the mask away in your hands! When using this, I steam my face for a couple of minutes with a wash cloth, then massage the product in (and a little bit goes a long way), I steam my face again with warm water for two minutes, rinse and splash a bit of cold water to close the pores. After five weeks of use, it's on it's last legs!

FAMILY
At the beginning of the month, one of my mother's relations came over from England and we met up in my aunt's house. I always love to meet new people, family members or otherwise. It is amazing how you can feel like you've known someone for an incredible amount of time at the first encounter. 

Towards the end of June - I was reunited with my cousin and long-life-partner in crime, Kate. Dare I need to say any more?

GETTING FIT
May wasn't an easy month for me health-wise. I felt I was ran down, exhausted and generally not as physically able for getting up to things that I would have been used to. June was definitely dedicated to getting back in the game and strong again. I have reverted to my regular walks and have been pleasantly surprised at the pace I've been doing! I live in a very hilly area so the walk home is without a doubt, a fairly demanding quest. I've also been sticking to my regular exercise regime and I'm able to see some slight results. Fingers crossed the weather will improve so I can have my daily trot out!

ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK
If you haven't jumped on the bandwagon, I would seriously question where you are with your life right now. The third series of OITNB was far more enjoyable than the previous one. I liked the fact it was less revolved around Piper, and we got to see more of an insight into the other inmates. The only bee in the bonnet I have is, I feel the Norma storyline was dragged out a bit too far, another two or three scenarios could have happened in that time! Still though, I really enjoyed it and finished it off in a week and a half, which is good going for me.

Who remembers this scene?





What have you been loving this month?

0 comments:

Post a Comment