Thursday, 9 July 2015

A Poem | "Hardly, If It All"


Following the positive response from last month's poem, I have decided that I would not be as petrified as sharing my poems as I usually am. This piece has been sitting around since the beginning of May and I have no major plans with it, so I might as well throw it up for you to read. I have been in a slump the last little while with coming up with interesting content, so in the meantime I'll leave you with this.

"Hardly, If At all"
I've looked along the border,
A line that cuts right through
The eyes and ears of dreams long ago,
Sit a while and tell me
A fine wise tale you heard,
Did a symphony of stars rise up as you slept?
Hardy, but one can hope.

Around the fire at dusk,
We know the lives we've led,
The singing flames have calmed.
As children we'd wheel and scream
Testing the elements.
Would you put your hand in the fire,
If I did so too?
We are as brave as we want to be,
Hardly supernatural.

The road is long enough,
If you miss the signs on your way,
They chose to discard themselves
When I set foot on this soil.
But I'll make it to suit my means,
No bends can bound the soul
If I can write my name in the sand,
I shall be content.
Hardly the end of the world.

5 comments:

  1. That's so good! I hope you continue to share these as they are so strong and powerful! amazing post x
    ~ basicallychloe x
    Don't forget to smile! :) ~ x
    www.basicallychloeblog.blogspot.com ♡ ☆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try to! Thanks for reading Chloe x

      Delete
  2. Happy day for you and family..

    ReplyDelete