Wednesday, 1 April 2015

March Favourites

Another post so soon? Consistency is a great thing isn't it? I don't usually write up favourites for the month, but I have read some pretty cracking ones over the last couple of days and I decided I would do my own one for a change. I'm not one to be buying every month til my hearts content but these are some of the things that I have been loving lately.

I GOT MY HAIR DID
This, by far has to be my favourite thing I'm going to talk about. Literally every second person is getting their hair chopped off. I use to sport the bob for years back in the day and I've been growing my hair out for the last 2 years. I got so sick of the length and high maintenance. 

I got it cut about 1-2 inches above my shoulder - and it is hands down the best decision I've made in a long time. It's strange now to brush my hair and to only go so far - but I'm getting used to it again. It'll be interesting to see how many different thing I can do with it - I'm hopeless at styling it, It's so much lighter, and it looks a lot healthier. Let me know if you have followed suit on the trend!

PLANNER
I have been on the lookout since well before Christmas to try and find a weekly/monthly planner that would suit, and unfortunately I wasn't able to. I'm very fussy when it comes to things like this, but I only wanted something simple. Often the weekends in the weekly section were a lot smaller than the rest of the days which didn't suit - I get most of my work done at the weekend!



Instead, I found a cheap notebook from Tesco I had lying around and laid it out the way I wanted it to. I made some templates for the months, printed them off and stuck them in. Currently I'm laying out the weeks by hand - it's a bit time consuming but it'll work out fine. It's not exactly Kate Spade eat-your-heart out quality, but it's practical enough for me. I have a lot of deadlines, appointments and of course blogging stuff on the go, so one place where I can store everything is convenient.

GUESS - DARE PERFUME


I was kindly gifted this for Christmas just gone by. I am a big fan of Guess perfumes. (Guess - Seductive in the gold bottle is my absolute favourite) I'm a big perfume gal, what can I say - I like to smell nice? This is a lovely little bottle of stuff, it's a lighter scent than would I am usually used to. It's perfect for Spring time and for school as it's not too powerful. I've used a fair amount as you can probably tell, so it's definitely doing the trick!

LA ROCHE-POSAY LIPIKAR XERAND HAND REPAIR CREAM
LABELLO CLASSIC CARE LIP BALM


Over the last couple of weeks my hands have been driving me mental. I had a bad reaction to a certain handwash and shower cream. Usually my skin is as tough as nails but my hands decided to play up on me - they were flaking away to nothing, A friend recommended me the hand cream and it has been a miracle worker. It wasn't too expensive (about 5 euro), it's paraben free and pretty much fragrance free. I put this on a couple of times a day and it helps to keep them in order. It isn't too greasy once it soaks into the skin. I'm quite sure I won't be using any other bottle of stuff for the foreseeable.

Likewise with my lips; cold weather combined with central heating isn't a charmer for them. I reverted to an old classic I used when I was younger, and being honest - I'm not sure why I stopped using it in the first place. The Labello Classic Care is a firm favourite of mine.

THE CORONAS - THE LONG WAY


I raved about this in February's Album of the Month - I have hardly listened to anything else since, I can't seem to get enough of it. Read my review to find out all of my thoughts on it.

TWEETDECK
Who doesn't love a handy app or website to make all this blogging work easier? If you are tapping away at the twitter machine a lot this may be a useful tool for you to use. It's very handy for twitter chats of if you have to do a bit of multi tasking. I find it best to use it on my laptop - it has nearly replaced how I used twitter previously. It is changing my life one tweet at  time.

And there you have it! Let me know if you think it's a good idea for me to keep going with these monthly favourites. It was surprisingly a lot more entertaining putting it together than I would have thought!

That's a wrap for March, what have you been loving this month?

1 comments:

  1. Lovely post Catherine!
    Love that you're loving your new hair, I'm 100% certain I want to go for the chop! Tweetdeck is such a fabulous invention, isn't it?
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete