Saturday, 4 April 2015

Guest Post | How to Get Organised Like A Girl Boss | By Lizzie



Now when it comes to organisation I’m known to be perhaps a little OCD. I have lists for everything, and when I’m not diarising my own life, I’m helping to diarise others. I like to think of it as a bit of a superpower that I possess, but getting life in a neat and tidy order can really pave the way for a more harmonious life. One I hope that means less frustrating moments of forgetfulness, and more concentration on success, whatever that means. So like with all superpowers, with great power comes great responsibility, and I hope that sharing my organised words of wisdom will help you to get what you want out of life without sweating the small stuff. 

Preparation is Your Foundation
Like with most things in life, preparation ensures there’s no bad performance, so before you even think about your next move, get prepared. What do I mean by this? Well no word of a lie, but every Sunday evening I organise my entire weeks outfits, style each one, line them up, and post it note them with the day I’m going to wear it. Yes, this is just the basic of my organisation problem. But doing this has enabled me to save an incredible amount of time in the morning. Rather than staring at my wardrobe in a tired daze wondering what on earth I’m going to wear for work, I can now spend my time making sure my hair and makeup is just right, and then eating a nice healthy breakfast that will set me up for the day. Starting each day like this just sets me off on the right foot. And rather than thinking or worrying about anything frivolous, I can concentrate on work, and ensure I do my job to the best standard possible. It seems a bit strange, but you’ll be surprised how much is can change your life. 

Make Your Diary Your BFF 
If you don’t have a diary, how do you honestly survive? My diary is like my BFF, and it gets some serious action. I diarise everything. From important events, to meeting up with friends, and even things I would like to achieve on the day. So although there may be a huge pile of work for me to get through by the end of the week, cutting it up into bite size daily activities, will ensure it all gets done and I don’t feel stressed. It’s a magic trick that has helped me manage my entire life, so that no matter how much work I have on, I can still have a good work/life balance. Diarise everything, gym classes, meetings, friends, and those little things like sending off some post that’s been sat around or putting on the washing. Every morning I look at my diary and know what I need to do and need to achieve my the end of it. And guess what, it all gets done! 



Love Lists 
Just like my diary, I also love lists. I have lists for everything; dinners for the week, house chores, work, blog, and even for my pampering sessions. When all that I need to do is neatly organised in a list it feels achievable. And there’s no sweeter satisfaction than ticking or crossing something off a list. It’s a pleasure that truly never gets old for me. But when you’re feeling under the pressure and your mind feels cluttered, a list can help give clarity. I always carry around a little notebook of things I need to do, just in case something pops into my head whilst I’m out and about. Do it too and you’ll be amazed about how much your productivity levels will increase. 

No matter what you want to achieve in life, I truly believe that being organised can help you get there. Because as they say, a dream is simply a goal without a plan! 

Lizzie is a UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger based in Peterborough. After spending 5 years within the fashion and beauty industry, Lizzie now enjoys sharing her thoughts and experience on all things, from fashion to fitness With a life goal of a owning a shoe collection that could rival icon Carrie Bradshaw, Lizzie believes that shoes can help give women the confidence to conquer the world. You can follow her blog here.

1 comments:

  1. I love that you organise your outfits for the week Liz, thhat probably gives some motivation to put a wash on!

    Amy at Amynmore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete