Thursday, 26 March 2015

Life Lately | Lemons and Roses




It's not unlike me to take the odd hiatus from this space every once and a while. I could come up with a litany of excuses; school, (lack of) energy levels and other lemons and roses that the world likes to throw at me every so often - no more than anyone else. I'll save you from that ordeal though, it's truly not that interesting, and wouldn't be filled with enough teenage angst you'd find in your average dystopian novel.

Over the past couple of weeks I have been able to (as my mother would say) "fully take stock" to stop and think about a thing or two. Lately, I've been chasing my tail with deadlines to stroke off my list and other Catherine-related-stuff. I would have always thought that the best way I coped with stress was to plough on with whatever work that had to get done, because that usually does the trick? With the "stretch in the evenings now" and the "fine drying that's in it" - believe it or not, I have no love for writing about a poet or completing a balance sheet or memorising vocabulary we all know I'll never remember. And with that, I find it very easy to run myself into the ground. Instead, I want to be out walking or cycling, or something that doesn't involve a paper trail. While everyone is busy posting their Can't wait for summer tbh cute little pictures, I have my eyes set on the 27th March- the start of another type of 2 week hiatus where I will have an abundance of precious, sweet, glorious time. 

While you probably know just as well as I do at this stage that I need a holiday and a serious dose of vitamin D, I will be around - tapping away at this keyboard for your eyes disposal. There will be schedualing of posts, emails answered, tweets tweeted, posts published, pictures edited, ideas flourished, a planner and a colour co-ordinated calender because who said I couldn't be the productive Pinterest lady we all so want to be?

Hint hint, wink wink, nod nod - if there's anything in particular over the next few weeks you would like to see, please let me know. 

If this all goes out the window, this will be a post I can look back on and remember how satirical I was at 10 o'clock at night when I should have been writing an Irish essay.

If you want to spice up your life in a wordy and moderate sense, stick around - let's see if that calender does the trick.

In the meantime, tie your hair up, put your lipstick on and don't let the boys be mean to you.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone needs to step back for a little while! There's nothing wrong with that :) We're only human and we can only do so many things at once. I agree with the walking around thing! I have been getting out and doing 6-8km walks a couple of days a week and it has been working wonders for my psyche ...not so much for my college workload ;) Hope everything goes to plan love! Can't wait to see your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, sounds like you're doing a lot of moving around! I love walking though - I'm always looking for a new village or walkway to have a gawk in, its great for the fresh air in your lungs as my mum would say!

      Thanks so much for reading and for your lovely comment, hopefully I'll have a productive couple of weeks on this space and see what happens!

      Catherine x

      Delete