Saturday, 27 December 2014

My Year | In Music







I hope you all had a great Christmas, and enjoyed yourself however way you spent it. I am unfortunately suffering with the flu along with half of the country. While I'm recovering and getting back on my feet, I thought it would be a great idea to put together a playlist of ALL of my favourite tunes I have been listening to the past year. Some of these are new, oldies, and maybe some you haven't heard before. I have spoke about my music taste in previous posts - I have a slight acquired taste - but I hope you enjoy the tracks all the same!


You should find a direct Spotify widget of this playlist on the right hand side or click here. Or Click here to listen via Youtube. You'll also find the list of songs mentioned in this post.


Let me know what you think and be sure to let me know what music you've been listening to this year.



1.   All Those Friendly People - Funeral Suits
2.   Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
3.   Jackie and Wilson - Hozier
4.   Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
5.   From Afar - Vance Joy
6.   Angry Hill - George Ezra
7.   Photograph - Ed Sheeran
8.   Budapest - George Ezra
9.   Latch (Today FM Live Version) - Kodaline
10. Cough Syrup - Young the Giant
11. Georgia - Vance Joy
12. Angel of Small Death and the Codeine Scene - Hozier
13. She's So Fine - The Strypes
14. Angel Eyes - The Strypes
15. I Don't Want to Change You - Damien Rice
16. Afire Love - Ed Sheeran
17. Cherry Wine - Hozier
18. Not About Angels - Birdy
19. Called On - Hudson Taylor
20. Sail Away - David Gray
21. Left Alone - Hudson Taylor
22. Brand New Day - Kodaline
23. Way Down South - The Young Folk
24. Waiter - Heathers
25. JCB - Nizlopi
26. Never - All The Luck In The World
27. Weapons - Hudson Taylor
28. Nothing Arrived - Villagers
29. Welcome Home, Son - Radical Face
30. Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron and Wine
31. Naive - The Kooks
32. Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova
33. Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys
34. Entertainment - Phoenix
35. Home - Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zones

5 comments:

  1. When we comment on each other's blogs, it seems to always be about music, doesn't it? I SHARE your music taste... it's great! Two Door Cinema Club brings back so many memories from when that album was released. Never got the name 'Undercover Martyn' but that song though.

    Also Kodaline... and Hozier, but my favourite by sure is Home by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zones.... have been listening to it non stop recently as well as Dirty Paws by Of Monsters and Men (if you like Home, you'll probably like Dirty Paws. 'Tis a great tune.)

    and I am so listening to the full playlist now:D:D Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know yeah! Sure we can't help it if we have a BEAST music taste ;) Undercover Martyn is a funny name alright. I guess we'll never know...

      I love Dirty Paws! Literally every time I've been getting ready, I've always popped it on to get me moving, ya feel me?

      I can't get enough of Hozier. I want to devour each and every song he does.

      So many FEELS.

      I love love loVE "Home", I thought it would be a good one to put at the end - looks like I made the right decision!

      Do! I hope you enjoy it :)

      I had a lovely quiet Christmas here, I hope yours was good!

      Athbhliain Mhuise duit :)

      Catherine x

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great playlist. I love Spotify! I just recently downloaded and so glad that I did... it's amazing! I can't believe I was living my life without it :P

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah Spotify is the bomb. I can't imagine my life without it!

      Catherine x

      Delete
  3. Lots of my favourites on this list and some I've not heard of! Might have to check them out Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete