Thursday, 25 September 2014

Guest Post | A Little Bit About Charisma | By Mingaile

Photo Credit: Mingaile Tarpy


I don’t know why, but tonight somehow I started thinking and “googling” about charisma. I wanted to know what it really meant. Obviously, I would like to know what it takes to be charismatic and whether charisma is possible to achieve for an ordinary folks.



One of the interesting things that I noticed is that to be charismatic you need to have something you are passionate about. It’s hard to be charismatic about something you are indifferent to.



Being charismatic means being confident and optimistic. Nobody wants to listen to somebody who is not sure of what he or she wants and where they are going to. Talk with confidence and people will flock around you. The same applies to optimism – who wants to listen to a grumpy moaning fart when the only thing they see is negativity and failure.



Another very important thing that I would like to talk about tonight is attitude towards others. Did you notice that when somebody does not like you, you automatically stop liking them? In other words, the feeling is often mutual. Have you tried to go with an open mind and stop seeing evil in people? When you do that you will be surprised how people will start liking you and, strangely enough, you will have a lot of reasons to like them back! Sounds easy, just give it a go.



At some point in my life I was going through a dark period when I seemed to hate everybody. Well, not exactly everybody, but any little thing would trigger my dislike of people. I was in a dark place and I would say that it was totally related to post-natal depression. One thing I learned from it for sure – it was my own fault as I didn’t want things to be right, I wanted things to be problematic and I wanted to be rescued. Basically, it was a victim syndrome. Luckily, it didn’t last too long and I went back to my usual bubbly self. I stopped seeing black and I started seeing white and beautiful instead.



It is very important to stay away from negative people, because they try to pull you down, which is something you should avoid doing at all costs. I went to a school meeting of my little boy where I mentioned something to the teachers that I felt needed to be resolved. The teacher made a very short comment and changed the subject, but when somebody else asked a question the same teacher spent a lot of time talking through various options. One of the parents thought it was my nationality that was the reason for a short answer to my question. At no point I saw it that way, but if I was in a dark place I probably would have jumped on to the opportunity to feel sorry for myself and blame the whole world for my misfortune.


In summary, it looks like there is nothing difficult to be charismatic. Put in some effort into curing your depression, start looking for good things in people and situations and things will change. Others will start to see you as charismatic as long as you make them feel good and reassured.




About the Author: 
Mingaile Tarpy blogs for  for Min's Beauty EquipmentIt’s a beauty, skincare and anti-ageing blog. She also loves writing about various other things and, therefore, Mingaile enjoys opportunities to write for other blogs where she can talk freely about topics outside the scope of beauty. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Catherine! I hope one or two people will find this post motivating and helpful.
    Min x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely no problem Min, and thank you! It's a brilliant piece. Well done x

      Delete