Friday, 8 August 2014

Skin Care Routine | Acne Prone Skin | Vichy Normaderm, La Roche Posay & St Ives




Hello everyone.


For anyone who is following my blog, you will have noticed there was 0 posts this week :( That's because I was quite busy with the Scoil Acla Writer's Workshop. So I was busy doing something! I'll have a write up of that soon.



In the meantime, I'm going to be telling you all about my skincare routine. Skincare is something I'm really interested in. I love hearing about what products other people use for their skin, and some of you might be interested too. I have normal/combination oily skin. Although as I've gotten older my skin isn't quite so oily. I was never really a proper grease magnet. I would say I have mild acne - with my chin area being my biggest demon! Having said that, compared to other people, it isn't really that bad. I find as soon as I get sluggish with my skin routine, my face begins to show it. So it's important for me to keep on top of my game! I switched up the products I've been using about two months ago and I'm seeing the results in my skin.


Disclaimer: I am not associated with any brand or company. All products mentioned were purchased with my own money. All views expressed are my own personal opinions.





Removing Make Up:
Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion
I don't wear make up everyday, but when I do I always always always remove it. I can't stress how important this is! I usually used the Garnier Cleaning Milk, I used it for years. But I used up my last bottle of it a while ago and the Simple cleanser was lying around so I figured I'd use it up. It's really gentle on the skin, but effective. I also sometimes use it for eye make up, but I do prefer the Lancome Bi-Facial for my eyes.


Exfoliant:

St Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub
I love this scrub! I scrub my face about 2-3 times a week. This product really leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean, without giving me that "tight" feeling. The granules are a bit concentrated, so a little bit goes a long way! I really do think it keeps the blackheads at bay and all that fun stuff. I'm on my second tube of it, so I'm well and truly converted!


Facial Wash:

Vichy Normaderm Gel Wash 
I am coming towards the end of my first tube of this wash, and I have cherished every moment! I can't begin to explain how many facial washes I have used down the years that haven't cleansed, haven't cleared, and haven't done anything basically. I actually really like the Vichy Normaderm range, it's designed for oily and acne-prone skin types in mind. But the Gel Wash is by far the best I have used, it lathers up really well and a 1.5 pumps does my whole face.


Toner:

Vichy Normaderm 
(Which Hazel)
I feel like I am in a spa every time I use this toner! It's really good at lifting away any other make up, dirt or oil lying around. I also use Witch Hazel from time to time on any spots or blemishes in selected areas as it really helps to dry them out overnight.


Moisturiser:

Vichy Normaderm Global Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care/
Effaclar Duo+ - La Roche Posay
I wasn't kidding when I said I loved the Normaderm line. This is a really good moisturiser for problematic skin as it helps to target imperfections. It targets and reduces the appearance of six  imperfections: blemishes, pores, shine, oily skin, imperfection marks and irregular complexion. I think overall it improves the appearance of my skin, it's a great base for make up as it helps to tighten the appearance of pores. There is no SPF present in the moisturiser unfortunately. A single pump is plenty for all around my face.

I sometimes also use the Effaclar Duo. I used it a lot in the beginning. I'm not 100% sure if it lives up to the hype, but's it's excellent to use as a primer and it leaves my skin matte all day long.



Mini-Facials:

In the past I have had a couple of facials. But this summer I started going to my local beautician about every 6 weeks to get one. For me personally, it's one of the best ways to keep my skin clear. 


All of the above, combined with a healthy diet, fresh air and exercise are the ways I help my skin. I am aware it's a bit daunting changing up your skincare routine or starting a new one as there are so many products on the market. It's taken a few years for me to figure out what my skin needs! Knowing your skin type is half the battle though. No one can wave a magic wand in the air to get perfect skin, and improvement doesn't happen overnight. Being comfortable in your own skin is the most powerful thing you could ever do.




What skin care products do you use?

10 comments:

  1. Great post! This is helpful.
    Welcome to the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love, to use the St.Ives as well! It's such a great product and smells amazing.

    http://hansenandheidelberg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to try al of these amazing products! I've been hearing about VICHY alot in the blogosphere. HMM...maybe on payday.

    PS: I love your album of the month :)

    Check my blog out here | http://www.mycurvesandlashes.blogspot.co.uk

    Shanna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they've done wonders for my skin! You should give Vichy a go if you can, I don't think I could go without them now! Thanks so much! Keep an eye out for this months album of the month ;)

      Thanks so much for coming and having a read.

      Catherine x

      Delete
  4. I love Simple and St. Ive's, I use both every night! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Therefore, a person who intends to get the best out of an acne treatment must take prescribed medication, adopt a well-balanced diet which contains fiber, zinc, other ingredients that can fight off acne and follow a specific self-care program. Besides these, the person must stay away from caffeine, sugar, salt, processed foods, tobacco, alcohol and dairy products.

    best acne treatment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natural beauty and natural product is good for every all. You can care you acne by natural products.
    Skin Care for Acne - New

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice article, very useful information.


    Spa In Sparta

    ReplyDelete