Monday, 25 August 2014

Album of the Month #2 | George Ezra



As last months Album of the Month went down well with a lot of you, I decided to fire ahead with another installment! You can read last month's here


I have been listening to a lot of different kinds of music this summer via Spotify, and George Ezra's Wanted On Voyage has been on repeat with the last few weeks. Ever since I saw him perform "Budapest" on Irish chat show - The Late Late Show - I have been following him ever since. Initially, the only way I could describe his voice was - chocolate. Which is a pretty vague description. His vocals are so smooth and mature for someone of his age. I was completely blown away by him and his music so I had to check out the album.


Ezra sets out on the right foot with the first track with a sweet and lively number,  "Blame It On Me". Following with my favorite of his "Budapest". From the giddy skiffle of "Cassy O’" to the sweet strum of "Barcelona" and rocky grit of "Did You Hear the Rain?". George brings a timeless charm to his listeners. The Telegraph have applauded him as a "joyous release", and that is simply "Wanted on Voyage" all over. 


A solid and amiable debut album has ensured George Ezra of a bright and prosperous path. Have a listen to "Wanted on Voyage" via the widget on the right hand-side


What albums have you been loving this month?


*Disclaimer* 
This is not a sponsored post.

6 comments:

  1. Ever since I heard Benjamin Twine and Budapest at the Burberry Prorsum S/S14 show, I've loved George Ezra. I can't wait until this is available on iTunes US. Great pick for this month's post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like his music too! Yep they are too cracking songs! Budapest is my favourite from the album. I'm dying to see him live! Hopefully he'll make a trip over to ireland soon :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Catherine x

      Delete
  2. My first thought from this post was Ezra from PLL and I don't even watch that series...but I started listening to George and I'm so glad I did! His voice is so unique :) Thanks for this recommendation! :)

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yep is voice is definitely original! So glad you like his music :) No worries, I love doing this every month, its a lot of fun :D

      Catherine

      Delete
  3. I have never heard his music before, it's quite original…

    ReplyDelete