Saturday, 12 July 2014

Breathing Silver Linings | A New Chapter



After much deliberation I have decided to take the plunge and start my own blog!

Who am I?

My name is Catherine Gallagher, I am a (nearly) 17 year old student from Ireland. I just completed Transition Year. My interest in both writing and social media has propelled to make blogging a part of my life. 


Why have I decided to start blogging?

I find the idea of running your own blog quite liberating. As I mentioned above - I love to write. I feel that starting "Breathing Silver Linings" will be a great outlet for me to exercise and expand my skills in this department. That all sounds very serious doesn't it? But I hope to network and connect with you and other bloggers to make this experience as enjoyable as possible. 


What will I be bringing to the table?

I'm striving to be a lifestyle blogger, although I do not wish to pinpoint specific labels to myself. Nothing I do will be solely "beauty" or "fashion". Having said that I plan to bring interesting posts together. I don't want to restrict myself entirely. As a young person living with a physical disability, I will be able to shed some light on topics that affect people other than myself. But always looking for the Silver Lining to these things. Along with my other interests I hope to write about subjects that may interest you, the reader.


Here's to a new online chapter! I hope you can join me on this new exciting venture. 





7 comments:

  1. Hello :)

    Welcome to the blogging world! I started my blog 6 months ago spontaneously, and now it's become something that I am quite proud of. So whatever your aim with yor blog is, just remember that it's YOUR blog and do what makes you happy with it! Good luck!

    Ayesha xxx

    http://alycheeaday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ayesha, thanks for taking a look here at Breathing Silver Linings! It's still in its early days, but I'm quite excited about it :) hopefully some good will come out of it. I had a quick look at your blog, and you're a fabulous writer! I'll have a proper gander later on :) it's hard enough starting out, but I'm planning to stick to it :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Catherine. This is a great start to your blogging.

    And you're right blogging is liberating. I started because I felt powerless about certain things that were happening in the world, but as soon as I started blogging about them that feeling eased. I know that I have influenced one or two decisions over the years, so blogging is definitely worthwhile.

    I'll follow you on Bloglovin and will add you to one of my groups. I'll see your future blog postings and will visit again.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ray, thanks so much for popping along and having a read! It's only been about a week but I'm enjoying it immensely. Thanks so much for the support. I'll have a gander at your blog in the next day or two. All the best.

      Catherine

      Delete
  3. Hello and welcome.
    Hope You are enjoy blogging. Do You have a schedule when Your blogposts come out? :)

    Er.
    http://ernestagenyte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks very much, and yep I am enjoying bloggng! It's great! I'm hoping to blog 3 days a week. Possibly Monday, Wednesday and Saturday or Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I'm actually back at school tomorrow so I have to see how that goes! But hopefully 2-3 times a week. I'll mention it in a future blog post when I have decided for sure :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Catherine

      Delete
  4. A fabulous post with the best reasons ever to start a blog. I wish you much luck and happiness within the community!

    Best wishes, Danielle x
    underlandtowonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete